Compass Creative is searching for an experienced art director/designer reporting to the Principal.
Candidates will have several years experience in a creative agency or in-house art department and will bring a fresh, clean design aesthetic to an informal, friendly, creative office environment. As well as mad design chops and interpersonal skills, ideal candidates will have an understanding of marketing, and written communication skills.
Our mission is to restore truth & beauty to the stories we tell in the marketplace.
We work with some really great companies and help them understand who they are (truthfully), what they do (exactly), who they do it for (specifically) and why it matters (really). We help our clients discover their unique story. Then we help them "dress the part" and connect with their audiences in more meaningful ways.
If you’re a senior-level designer, if you love brand design, think in both words and pictures, and got what it takes to create memorable brands & enjoyable user experiences on the web and in other media… well… we want to hear from you.
Hours will typically be 8.00 – 5.00, but are flexible.
Position description: Art Director/Designer
Reports to: Principal
This position is a combination of art direction and design for both print and web. We're looking for someone to work as part of our team to create brands from scratch – and then use design and technology to bring those brands to life. This is a hands-on position that requires critical and strategic thinking as much as it does creativity and craftsmanship.
You should be able to:
- Lead branding and design projects
- Develop and express complex messages clearly and concisely
- Rapidly articulate visual concepts and ideas - sketching.
- Work closely with writers, developers, account managers and clients
- Translate designs into web-friendly prototypes
- Juggle multiple projects
- Present and explain ideas to internal teams and clients
- Take and understand creative direction
- Ask good questions
- Go with the flow – because sometimes things don't go as planned
- Contribute concepts and ideas
- Communicate with printers, stock houses and other vendors
- Prep files for print, collect files for output
- Manage files
- Review proofs for accuracy and quality control
- Manipulate, color correct and modify images
- Design for web
- Program websites
- Design and broadcast email communications / promotions
Here's what we think it will take:
- Several years of B2B and B2C experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards
- Awareness of capabilities and limitations of the web – and when to push them
- Experience with responsive web design
- Analytical skills
- Creative ideas
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with photography and editing (stills and video) is an asset
Think you're right for the job? Send your application and a link to your online portfolio to:
attn.: Jason Bouwman