Are you a seasoned writer with a track record of clever copy, outside-the-box thinking, and a keen understanding of brand strategy and positioning?
In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the verbal identity of our clients’ brands and contributing ideas to brand naming and visual identity. Candidates must understand the difference between short-form & long-form copy and have the ability to execute both well.
In short, you:
- Know business.
- Know branding.
- Love words.
- Value clarity.
- Get results.
In addition to writing core statements, brand stories, key messages, elevator pitches and taglines for a wide variety of clients, the Brand Messaging Strategist will also lead story workshops and facilitate team discussions and brainstorming sessions.
Ideally, the Messaging Strategist will also be responsible for writing website content for most of Compass’s clients and contribute to Compass’s content strategy and thought leadership.
Candidates must manage a mix of multiple client relationships and projects at once and write compelling copy that converts.
Ideal candidates will be able to…
- Conduct research, explain their findings and craft strategies.
- Write clear, concise brand positioning language.
- Confidently present ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Take, understand and give creative direction.
- Ask questions — good questions, bad questions, stupid questions.
- Work closely with designers, developers, account managers, clients.
- Write, edit, proofread.
- Independently develop your skillset and industry knowledge.
- Write website copy.
What we’d like to see…
- Previous study of psychology, journalism, marketing, or have just become an expert through the school of hard knocks — doesn’t really matter how you got here, so long as you can walk the talk… and write!
- Keen understanding of brand strategy or consumer behaviour/psychology.
- 3+ years of working experience at an agency in a strategic writing capacity.
- A proven track record of writing brand stories, positioning statements, and website copy.
- Experience in developing content for demand gen or social engagement.
Think you’re right for the job?
How To Apply
- Download application form here
- Email your completed application and a link to your online portfolio to:
attn: Jason Bouwman
Please note: Not all candidates will receive a reply. Only those who will be invited for an interview will receive a reply. Thanks for your interest in joining our team. We wish you success with your application!