You’re a social media fan. Spreadsheets don’t scare you. You’re curious about pretty much everything. You love analyzing data and metrics and crafting strategies based on what you see. And you can write about any topic with the same zest as ice cream, puppies, craft beer… or whatever else you happen to be passionate about! (Tell us what, we’re all ears.)
Content is anywhere and everywhere these days — in your pocket, on your TV, sponsoring your favourite podcasts and on those big digital billboards at Yonge & Dundas.
Think you can harness it to market truthfully, beautifully and in a way that gets business results for our clients?
Read on. We’ve got a job for you.
Compass Creative, a small but mighty marketing agency with an office in the sleepy town of Grimsby is hiring a Content Marketing Specialist. (Don’t live close? Remote work is an option.)
The ideal candidate will develop, execute and manage content for our growing base of content marketing clients.
Your goal? To attract, convert and retain our clients’ customers.
Ideal candidates will be able to…
- Write, edit and proofread content — blog posts, emails, social media posts and ads.
- Develop a solid understanding of our clients’ varied target audiences through online and traditional market research.
- Understand the buying cycle and how to nurture relationships with our clients’ customers at each stage.
- Establish style guides that specify the writing style and tone needed to create consistent content.
- Create editorial and content planning calendars.
- Review content and provide feedback.
- Perform content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
- Analyze data to identify trends and anticipate our clients’ needs.
- Prepare reports to be shared with Account Managers and clients.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Execute paid social media ad campaigns.
What we’d like to see…
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, or related field.
- Recent social media marketing course completion or certification is an asset (Facebook Certification, Google Partner, etc.)
- Proven content strategy and project management experience.
- A love for words and writing.
- Sound knowledge of (or aptitude to learn)…
- Content management systems (Statamic, WordPress, Squarespace, Wix and Webflow)
- Keyword research (Google Search Console)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Social media scheduling apps (Sendible, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Facebook Creator Studio, etc.)
- HTML emails & platforms (Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, etc.)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Analytics software (Google Analytics, Agency Analytics, etc.)
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Are you the content strategist we’ve been looking for?
How To Apply
- Download application form here
- Email your completed application and a link to your online portfolio to:
attn: Jason Bouwman
Please note: Not all candidates will receive a reply. Only those who will be invited for an interview will receive a reply. Thanks for your interest in joining our team. We wish you success with your application!