If you can find amazing stories in unlikely places. If you’re comfortable crafting strategies for brands in the building and landscaping industries. If you can persuade people with killer copy. If you think you could’ve done a better job at writing this ad… then please keep reading.
Compass Creative is looking for a writer. If you’re ready to work with an incredibly talented team of designers, thinkers, and strategists to build brands for guys who work with their hands. If you value truth, beauty and business results. If you believe business is beautiful and want to redeem the stories we tell in the marketplace… please keep reading.
If you are able to…
- Conduct research, explain your findings and craft strategies.
- Translate raw ideas into compelling concepts for both digital & print formats.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions with clients.
- Confidently present ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Write clear, concise brand positioning language.
- Write brand scripts, brand stories, mission statements, vision statements, company names, taglines, adlines, website copy, ad copy, video scripts, blog post articles, social media posts, emails, sales letters… (and more!)
- Take, understand and give creative direction.
- Ask questions — even stupid ones.
- Work closely with designers, developers, account managers and clients.
- Think visually.
- Write, edit and proofread.
- Build effective content distribution plans.
- Independently develop your skill set and industry knowledge.
And if you possess…
- 1–3 years of experience (some background or exposure to construction or landscaping is a plus).
- StoryBrand certification (or familiarity with the framework).
- Experience with long copy, short copy and everything in between.
- A passion for diving deep into new topics.
- A familiarity with web trends, writing for the web and SEO.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- A sense of humour.
- You not only know how to write but “WHAT” to write.
And if you think…
…you’re the writer we’re looking for, send your cover letter, résumé (or LinkedIn profile) a completed application (see below) plus some samples of your best work to [email protected]. Only applicants selected for a meeting will be contacted.
Download application form here