Compass Creative is searching for an experienced graphic designer to join our team.
Candidates will have several years of experience in a creative agency or in-house art department and will bring a fresh, clean design aesthetic to an informal, friendly, creative office environment. As well as mad design chops and interpersonal skills, ideal candidates will have an understanding of marketing, social media, web development, photography and video.
Our mission is to redeem the stories we tell in the marketplace. We value Truth, Beauty and Business Results!
We work with some awesome companies and help them understand who they are (truthfully), what they do (exactly), who they do it for (specifically) and why it matters (really). We help our clients discover their unique story. Then we help them "dress the part" and connect with their audiences in more meaningful ways.
If you’re a senior-level designer, if you love brand design, think in both words and pictures, and have what it takes to create memorable brands & enjoyable user experiences on the web and in other media… well… we want to hear from you.
Hours will typically be 8:00–5:00 but are flexible.
Position title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: VP of Marketing
This position is responsible for excellent and accurate design to bring our clients’ brands to life in print and digital mediums. This position is hands-on and requires creativity and craftsmanship.
You should be able to:
- Follow creative briefs, brand manuals and style guides
- Rapidly articulate visual concepts and ideas through sketching
- Work closely with writers, developers and account managers
- Translate designs into web-friendly prototypes
- Juggle multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Take and understand creative direction
- Ask good questions
- Go with the flow — because sometimes things don't go as planned
- Conduct research
- Develop concepts and ideas
- Communicate with printers, stock houses and other vendors
- Prep files for print, collect files for output
- Manage files
- Review proofs for accuracy and quality control
- Manipulate, colour correct and modify images
- Design for web
- Program websites (not necessary but definitely an asset!)
- Design and deploy HTML emails
Here's what we think it will take:
- Several years of B2B and B2C experience
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web standards
- Experience with responsive web design
- Analytical skills
- Creative ideas
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with photography and editing (stills and video) is an asset
Think you're right for the job?
How To Apply
- Download application form here
- Email your completed application and a link to your online portfolio to:
attn: Jason Bouwman
Please note: Not all candidates will receive a reply. Only those who will be invited for an interview will receive a reply. Thanks for your interest in joining our team. We wish you success with your application!