Are you looking for a great place to work as a full-time Web Developer? Compass Creative is an award-winning marketing agency in Grimsby, ON committed to redeeming the stories we tell in the marketplace through truthful storytelling and thoughtful design. We are looking for an experienced web developer to join our team to help us create awesome online experiences for our clients’ customers.
Candidates will have at least 5 years of front-end web development experience, and will bring exceptional attention-to-detail to an informal, friendly, creative and fun office environment. As well as typical front-end developer skills, candidates will have an eye for design and be open to learning new programs and skills. We are looking for people of character, integrity, and personal responsibility - we are serious about getting things done but don’t take ourselves too seriously in the process.
Position specification: Full-time Senior Web Developer
Reports to: Creative Director and Principal
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient front-end code for marketing websites, following design mock ups
- Adhere to internal coding standards, processes, and design best practices
- Help our Project Manager scope and estimate work
- Manage hosting and domain renewals for our clients’ websites
- Provide tech support for our online website builder service Worksites.net
- Share expertise through code reviews, blog posts and internal presentations
- Research and recommend new tools, processes and best practices
- 5 years experience as a front-end developer
- A strong portfolio of coded work
- Experience using Git version control software
- Building with CMS software such as Craft or Statamic (or willing to learn one of these).
- Working with Sketch and Adobe XD files
- Ability to follow a style guide set out by a visual designer
- Eye for design, especially typography and UI details
- Available to work at our office full time during office hours (8-5)
HOW TO APPLY
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] along with 3 references and examples of live work (or link to public facing Github or Code Pen account).
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.