Compass Creative is searching for an experienced Creative director to help shape brand and marketing strategy for our clients and provide clear direction to our creative team.
This position requires an understanding of business goals and objectives, customer psychology, storytelling frameworks, mad writing skills, leadership skills and impeccable taste in art and design.
Candidates will have several years experience in a creative agency or in-house art department and will bring strategic thinking and fresh creative ideas to an informal, friendly, creative office environment.
Our mission is to restore truth & beauty to the stories we tell in the marketplace.
We work with some really great companies and help them understand who they are (truthfully), what they do (exactly), who they do it for (specifically) and why it matters (really). We help our clients discover their unique story. Then we help them "dress the part" and connect with their audiences in more meaningful ways.
If you love brands and design, think in both words and pictures, and got what it takes to create memorable brands and campaigns online and in print… well… we want to hear from you.
Hours will typically be 8.00 – 5.00, but are flexible.
Position description: Creative Director
Reports to: Principal
This position is a combination of creative direction and account management. We're looking for someone to work as part of our team to create memorable and effective brands and campaigns. This is a position that requires critical and strategic thinking along with creativity and craftsmanship combined with interpersonal skills.
You should be able to:
- Lead branding and design projects
- Develop and express complex messages clearly and concisely
- Rapidly articulate visual concepts and ideas - sketching.
- Work closely with writers, developers, account managers and clients
- Juggle multiple projects
- Present and explain ideas to internal teams and clients
- Provide clear creative direction to designers, developers and project teams.
- Ask good questions
- Develop concepts and ideas
- Review proofs for accuracy and quality control
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas
- Write marketing copy and taglines
- Maintain and nurture client relationships.
- Lead clients strategically.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
Here's what we think it will take:
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Analytical skills
- Creative ideas
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Marketing strategy
- A proven creative process
- A love for helping others succeed.
Think you're right for the job? Send your application and a link to your online portfolio to:
attn.: Jason Bouwman